- Period: 4 – 6 months
- Hours per week: 40
- Location: ITO office, Amsterdam
- Start date: September (flexible)
- Interested? Please apply with your CV, Cover letter and grade list
Are you fascinated by the impact that today’s global supply chains have on every consumer and company in the world? During this Supply Chain internship, you will get the chance to bring the digital possibilities to transform our clients’ operations into customer centric supply chains to not only reduce cost but also enable growth.
You will work within one of the three functions of our supply chain team: Sourcing & Procurement, Industry X (Digital Manufacturing and Supply Chain), or Intelligent Supply Chain Planning & Order Fulfillment. As a major functional practice within strategy & consulting, Supply Chain & Operations plays a crucial role in reimagining and transforming tomorrow’s supply chains and operations. Our goal is to positively impact businesses, society, and the planet through a human-centered and data-driven approach. We encourage continuous innovation and generate significant, sustainable global impact with our three pillars: customer centricity, zero-based mindset, and responsible operations & organizations.
- Daily tasks
As Supply Chain Intern, you will get the chance to experience working as a consultant within Accenture, learn about the projects we do and see the impact we’re making for our clients. Through interactions with our colleagues, you’ll learn about their personal experiences, immerse yourself in our vibrant company culture, and participate in exciting company events.
As a Master’s thesis intern, you will embark on research projects focused on cutting-edge technologies and topics that are currently top of mind for supply chain executives. You will receive guidance and coaching from our experienced consultants while benefiting from our vast industry and client experience. Potential research topics include Factory Optimization using Reinforcement Learning Algorithms, Supply Chain Planning leveraging AI, the impact of Generative AI on Supply Chain Management, or other technologies influencing Sustainable Supply Chains. The specific topic will be discussed during the application phase.
Within all our internships, we offer you the opportunity to develop, learn, orient, build relationships and gain insights into what it’s like to work as a consultant. As an employer, we will be as flexible as possible to support your work as well as your academical needs and happy to help you navigate in the beginning of your career. Therefore, within our recruiting process, we are highly interested in your motivations and academical interest.
Who we are – Strategy & Consulting
In today’s world, business leaders want to reinvent rapidly and confidently to increase resilience, mitigate risk, and grow with sustainable value. That’s where Accenture Strategy & Consulting comes in. We bring together strategic visionaries, industry experts, practitioners from across every enterprise function, business intelligence professionals, change specialists, data and AI authorities, and many other specialized skills to co-create each client’s unique path to reinvention. You will be a trusted partner to business leaders, working with a diverse team of experts to deliver successful tech-enabled transformation and new kinds of value for your clients. Join our global network of people using the latest assets, platforms, and partnerships to help bring ideas to life.
Strategy & Consulting is one of five services that make up one Accenture – the others are Operations, Technology, Song, and Industry X.
Here’s what you’ll need
- You are currently a master’s student enrolled at a Dutch university for the full length of your internship, preferably in the field of technology business or economics (e.g. engineering, econometrics, operations research, supply chain management, (STEM) science)
- You are a proactive, driven person who wants to grow
- Excellent communication skills (Dutch and English)
- You have an affinity with data analytics and related technologies
Bonus points if you have
- You have done additional curricular activities such as a board year or internship.
- You have experience with Lean Six Sigma, Process mining, Business Process Management, Planning and fulfillment or Operations / Manufacturing excellence
- High grades (average > 7.5) during high school / Bachelor / Master’s degree
What’s in it for you?
Accenture is a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Our people are Change Makers, and to support them as an employer, we make five promises:
- Work with flexibility, in a culture based on trust.
- Embrace a sustainable growth mindset.
- Live a human-led culture of Inclusion & Diversity by caring deeply for all our people.
- Lead and transform our clients with technology.
- Connect with our global network of 700.000 colleagues.
These promises are reflected through our excellent employee benefits, including:
- Career guidance facilitated by your individual appointed People Lead.
- You will receive internship allowance and a laptop.
- Social activities like Friday Drinks, sport events and parties
- Unique chance to experience the real-life job of a consultant Accenture from the inside.
- Membership of our Internship Community which will give you the chance to attend lunch lectures, classroom workshop and build your network within Accenture.
What we believe
Accenture is an equal opportunity employer. Our leaders are committed to building a better, stronger and more equitable company for future generations to create positive, long-lasting change. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
Our position as partner to many of the world’s leading businesses, organizations and governments affords us both an extraordinary opportunity and a tremendous responsibility to make a difference. Sustainability is one of our greatest responsibilities, which we embed it into everything we do and for everyone we work with.
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation to enable your participation in the recruitment process by emailing a[email protected]. We will be happy to assist you.