Analyst-General-Brussels (2024 Start Date)
About Analysis Group
Analysis Group is one of the largest international economics consulting firms, with more than 1,200 professionals across 14 offices in Europe, North America, and Asia. For over 30 years, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to leading law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
We have a broad range of expertise and collaborate with leading academics to offer cutting-edge analyses and analytical tools to address business challenges that require rigorous, evidence-based research. We assist leading law firms in many different litigation contexts, including finance, antitrust, intellectual property and commercial damages. We advise corporate and government clients on a range of business issues that require expert interpretation of economic and financial data, including valuation of companies, and assets, securities and financial instruments and transfer pricing issues, market analyses, and evaluation of mergers and acquisitions.
About the Analyst Position:
As an Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work on complex business problems within a collaborative environment. You will have direct impact on casework in various areas such as competition, merger control, international arbitration, finance, transfer pricing, and intellectual property, in industries including banking, transportation, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, technology, insurance, and agriculture, among others. Analysts in the Brussels office will be part of a local team of diverse background and have the opportunity to collaborate with our other offices in London, Paris, Montreal, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Menlo Park, New York, San Francisco, Washington DC and Beijing. Responsibilities and work experiences may include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzing economic, financial, and healthcare data using statistical programming in R, Stata and other programs
- Developing data analyses using statistical methods and analytical tools including econometric estimation of models, survival analysis, and machine learning
- Creating dynamic visualizations to rapidly explore data and models
- Examining market and industry behavior through targeted research
- Reviewing and summarizing academic papers, reports and client documents
- Participating in meetings with clients, academic experts and case team members
- Assisting in the preparation of expert reports and other client deliverables
The scope of the role may change over time due to business needs. Tasks are reviewed from time to time to follow trends and evolutions in the market. Analysis Group fosters a progressive and academically oriented work environment, with an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration across diverse areas of expertise. Specifically, we seek candidates who have:
- A master’s degree in economics, econometrics, statistics, finance, mathematics, physics, epidemiology, or related subjects
- Passion for using data and analytics to solve the economic, financial, and business challenges our clients face
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills
- Experience and a strong interest in statistical programming and data analysis
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- An excellent academic record
- Effectively worked independently and within a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- A desire to continuously learn and develop professionally
- Excellent command of English
To view this job description in French and Dutch, please click here. These translations have been made purely for translation purposes.
Analysis Group will process and transfer personal data of job applicants in accordance with applicable data protection laws (for example, the General Data Protection Regulation and related legislation). Analysis Group will process and transfer such personal data as set out in its “Privacy Notice for EU and UK Job Applicants,” as may be amended from time to time. The Privacy Notice will be made available as part of the application process, and can also be found at www.analysisgroup.com/policy.