playing a central role in the (sustainable) development of Rabobank and its clients. Working on deals and projects with the top Dutch & international corporate clients in Food & Agribusiness, Energy, Industry and Real Estate. Imagine that you are responsible for bringing together everything Wholesale has to offer in terms of sustainable products and services. Imagine learning on the job and getting training from experienced and committed bankers and specialists, while amassing a wealth of knowledge and creating a network at the same time. All this to ensure that you develop your full potential. Now stop imagining and start realizing: you have the chance to be part of the team that makes sustainability happen.
In this position you have a perfect view of the entire Rabobank Wholesale product package and you work together with various senior people within the bank.
The start date for this program is April 1st , 2023.
Young Professional Program – Corporate Banking
The role as an Associate within Rabobank is part of the Young Professional Corporate Banking Program. This means that in addition to your regular work, you also follow a personal development
program for 1.5 years. In this program you will receive job-related training, personal development training, coaching sessions and networking opportunities. You will not do all of this developing on your own, but together with your fellow Young Professionals. In addition, you will have the opportunity to spend 3-4 months at another department within Rabobank. This experience offers you the opportunity to develop new skills, accelerating you as a Young Professional within Rabobank. Do you seize this opportunity and are you ready to enjoy a steep learning curve? All this while working in a stimulating environment with talented and ambitious colleagues? This is your chance!
Making a difference
Your daily work will be to support the team in all kinds of strategic and commercial projects. This includes business development, ensuring a future-proof portfolio and sharing knowledge via
training programs and events. You will contribute to the implementation of complex strategic projects such as Rabobank’s Net Zero commitment in the business.. You will work closely together
with the Associates in the Client Coverage team, always creating a group of enthusiastic and ambitious young people who are also great peers to learn from each other. You can actively contribute to the team by:
• Working on multi-product pitches and high-impact transactions.
• Preparing peer analyses and in-depth sustainability assessments of our clients.
• Organizing trainings and events on sustainability for colleagues and clients.
• Participating in key strategic projects on Rabobank’s sustainability agenda.
• Collecting and analyzing data for quarterly KPI reporting and newsletters.
• Drawing up sustainability account plans and setting objectives together with the
• Keeping up-to-date with the news and developments in sustainability and at our clients.
• Proactively coming up with new ideas/projects in the interest of the client and the Rabobank.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Wholesale E&A team brings talented people together to serve the largest companies (> EUR 250mln turnover) in the region. We have the
ambition to be a leading customer focused bank in Europe, and be a partner for our clients in meeting their sustainability goals and ambitions. We aim to realise this ambition through excellent
customer service and by providing solutions that go beyond finance and offer the customer the best solution out there. With you as an Associate, the team will consist of multiple colleagues in a variety of roles including Karen Heuvelmans, Team Head Sustainable Business Development: “One word… opportunity! You will be part of an enthusiastic, energetic, young team that is eager to help our clients on the journey to become more sustainable every day. There are plenty of opportunities for you to broaden your network and knowledge in wholesale banking, but also to take the lead on (client) projects and to grow your personal skills right in the sweet spot of our bank. As a new Associate you bring the team to full strength and we are ready to make an impact on the sustainability opportunities and challenges in our Europe & Africa client portfolio”.
Customer focus, team player mentality, good communicator and results orientation are essential skills in the role of an Associate. In addition, it is important that you recognize everything in the
• A university degree.
• Up to 2 years of work experience.
• Good command of the Dutch and English language (spoken and written).
• You have an EU passport
• Analytical skills, data driven, and commercial drive.
• Passionate and interested in corporate banking, sustainability and in particular Large Corporates.
Growing a better world together
You’ll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our
‘Growing a better world together’ mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
• We’re investing over 4 billion Euros in sustainable power generation, so that future generations can live in a cleaner world, as one of the world’s leading financiers of renewables;
• Contributing to the Wholesale Strategy of Leadership in Sustainable Transitions and supporting our clients to make a durable contribution;
• Empower our people to contribute to their local communities or give means to our cooperative identity in any other way;
• We are the #2 global sustainable bank according to Sustainalytics.
Do you want to become the best version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing with you on your growth, development and investing in an environment where you
continue to learn every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. We offer you numerous opportunities to grow and to help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well and to grow as a professional. In addition, you can also count on us (based on a 40-hourworking week) on:
• a gross monthly salary in scale 7 (€3.100,- based on 36 hours a week);
• a thirteenth month and holiday allowance;
• an Employee Benefit Budget (9% of your monthly salary). You decide how you spend this budget. Think of buying extra vacation days, making an extra pension contributions or
receiving a monthly payment;
• a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
• flexible working hours;
• 100% reimbursement for commuting if you travel by public transport! Would you rather travel by car or motorcycle? Then opt for a travel allowance;
• a pension scheme, for which your contribution is only 3.5%.
Are you the person we are looking for? Are you ready to join our team as an Associate and make a difference for yourself, our clients and society? We look forward to receiving your application for
this vacancy at our head office in Utrecht.
Good to know:
• Please submit your CV and cover letter when applying. If you miss one of these elements in your application, your application will not be processed.
• The application process for this vacancy includes an online assessment, an (online) first interview and a selection day in Utrecht. The selection day take place at our Head Office
(Croeselaan 18 in Utrecht).
• Bob Bison & Neelke IJsseldijk, Campus Recruiters Corporate Banking would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
• Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That’s why we want to know who you really are!