NN Group has launched a Data Governance Office to support a large multi-year Data Governance initiative across Group Finance, Risk and Investment Office. To strengthen the team we are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic student with a background in Finance, Economics or Business and an interest in data, to join and support the Data Governance Office.
The internship allowance for this internship is WO € 600,- gross based on a 36-hour working week.
Your impact as Internship Data Governance at NN
The solution to good Data Governance is multi-faceted and equal parts people, process and technology. As a Data Governance Intern you will participate in NN Group’s Finance & Risk Data Governance processes and play an important role to support the Data Governance vision and direction. You will have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge about Data Governance, Data Lineage, Meta Data Management and related tooling (e.g. Collibra) in a dynamic environment. You will contribute to building a well-structured Meta Data Repository, which is required for Asset, Liability and ESG reporting. All with the goal in mind to increase the data quality of NN Group as a whole.
Using your own initiative and ambition, you will be involved in the following:
- Support of end-to-end Data Governance processes and framework and contribute to their improvement
- Improve quality of Meta Data by reviewing Business Term names and definitions, while engaging with stakeholders from different departments
- Perform detailed Meta Data analysis to ensure qualitative and unambiguous data for Group Finance & Risk Reporting
- Participate and contribute to the NN Group’s Data Governance Boards and work with Data Governance tooling (Collibra) and build new functionalities (e.g. workflows)
- Support members of Data Governance Office with various daily tasks
Who you are
We are looking for an intern who is willing to improve his/her knowledge about data governance processes and;
- In the end-stage of your Master’s studies (preferably Finance, Economics or Business)
- Excellent MS Office knowledge, strong interest in IT and Programming experience would be a plus
- Very strong communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Interest in Data Governance related to Finance, Risk and Investment Office
- Experience with Data Governance tooling (e.g. Collibra) or Data Quality tooling is a plus
The Data Governance Office currently consists of three colleagues and is part of the Finance Transformation department, with more than 20+ professionals, with whom you will also have a close contact with and be able to learn from. Data Governance is a strategic focus area for Senior Management which offers opportunities to reach the next maturity level. We work in a highly dynamic environment with an interesting technical landscape where Data Governance plays an important role. We find it important that during the internship you are not just performing standard tasks but that you develop new skills and grow.
It is important to us that you continue to develop yourself. We give you the space and the confidence to grow in your career as well as a person. We help you with:
- Plenty of training and learning opportunities in our Learning & Development Centre
- A large (international) network of colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- The autonomy to set out your own development path
At NN we work hybrid. We combine working from home and working in the office. Teams can meet online or in person. You and your team agree on what suits you best. We have set up our offices in such a way that there is a suitable place for every type of work. The official location for this job is The Hague.
Will you be our new colleague?
If you are enthusiastic about this vacancy and think that you would be a good fit for the team at NN, we would like to invite you to apply. We are very keen to find out who you are, what motivates you and what you can contribute to this role at NN.
If you have any questions about the vacancy or the process, give us a call or let us know on WhatsApp. You can reach out to Bianca Hoogweg, internship coordinator via 06- 10816801 or via Stagebureau@nn.nl. In this video Bianca introduces herself to you.