Who we are?
The Regional Risk Management function represents a key building block in protecting the company and its balance sheet while supporting risk/return considerations via contribution to Asset Liability Management as well as Capital Management. Given the broad nature of the business of Allianz in the Benelux region, the full insurance universe is covered (Life, Non-Life, Health, Asset management, etc.).
We have an expert international community where hierarchy is absent and having no opinion is not desirable. We enjoy cross-functional exchange in diverse teams. Last but not least, we embrace a modern style of working and the motivation of each and every member of the community is our key interest. We make mistakes to learn, speak our minds, work hard, laugh hard and wear colorful socks/minds! Do you dare to?
You will have the opportunity to learn a lot about the insurance world as well as how actuarial and risk models are used. Moreover, you will get to know Solvency II and how risk capital is assessed, estimated and managed.
In this position you will be part of the Risk Management department. You will work in different teams within Risk Management: Risk Modelling and Aggregation, Model validation, and Risk Steering as well as cover topics across the three countries of the Benelux.
Based on your interests you can work on:
- Developing analysis tools for Asset Liability Management
- Performing/automating data quality controls
- Replicating actuarial models and challenging assumptions and methodology
- Simplifying/improving closing processes
- Creating flexible data reports
- Ad hoc analysis on actuarial topics
- Provide management information to the board members
What do you need to start?
- Currently enrolled at a university with focus on: actuarial science, statistics, econometrics, mathematics, quantitative finance, financial engineering or related topic
- Affinity with quantitative modelling, and/or programming
- Available at least three days per week
- Adaptive, independent and able to perform under pressure
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and effective communication skills
- Proficient in English, both verbally and in writing
Why do you need to join us?
- You will work in a dynamic environment at Allianz, the world leader in insurance
- With an experienced and enthusiastic team from across the Benelux region
- Flexible working hours, easily combined with studies
- Technical guidance
- Team events (BBQs, team buildings)