As a Market Data Compliance officer you work in the heart of Amsterdam, in an internationally oriented position with a focus on market data compliance. You act within the Market Data Compliance and Operations department and oversee the Market Data Compliance Program. You function as an independent and objective body that initiates customer compliance reviews including on-site audits and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the customer’s organization.
You are responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Market Data Compliance Program. You plan, communicate, organize, initiate, and control the Market Data day-to-day administrative and operational compliance activities.
The Market Data Compliance Officer exists as a channel of communication to receive, review and direct compliance issues to appropriate customers for investigation and resolution.
You provide guidance in respect of exchange policies regarding the provision of market Data to customers in order to ensure the protection and maximization of revenue from this source.
- Ensure that organizations utilize market data of all Euronext markets in line with the terms of our agreements;
- Proactively advise organizations on best practices in relation to usage of Euronext market data;
- Proactively develop and manage a global pipeline of compliance opportunities, tracked on a monthly basis and follow up with product- and licensing managers to ensure exposures are licensed efficiently and appropriately;
- Communicate and collaborate internally to meet and attempt to exceed compliance revenue targets;
- Regularly liaise and work with the Legal department;
- Regularly liaise and work with Cash and Derivatives account managers;
- Take responsibility for certain investigations from start to finish including leading and engaging in client/prospect discussions with regular updates to management. This includes flagging risks, dependencies and opportunities as they arise and make recommendations;
- Able to generate reports that provide required information to analyze data permissions and data usage, be fully conversant with Euronext requirements for compliance on data usage;
- Understand Enterprise data flows and how it impacts the clients’ business;
- Successfully finalize several audits and compliance reviews within a certain timeframe according to set KPI’s.
- Higher professional education in Business, Finance, Economics or related field;
- Familiarity and understanding of the financial markets and its participants;
- Pro-active, flexible and takes initiative;
- Expert in Excel/Data manipulation;
- Excellent communication skills in speech and writing in English, preferred ability to speak Italian and/or Dutch;
- Thorough understanding of market data, contracts and processes;
- Basic knowledge and experience with compliance audits.
• We respect and value the people we work with
• We are unified through a common purpose
• We embrace diversity and strive for inclusion
• We value transparency, communicate honestly and share information openly
• We act with integrity in everything we do
• We don’t hide our mistakes, and we learn from them
• We act with a sense of urgency and decisiveness
• We are adaptable, responsive and embrace change
• We take smart risks
• We are positively driven to make a difference and challenge the status quo
• We focus on and encourage personal leadership
• We motivate each other with our ambition
• We deliver maximum value to our customers and stakeholders
• We take ownership and are accountable for the outcome
• We reward and celebrate performance
We remain committed to providing a positive hiring and onboarding experience for our candidates during these unprecedented times. Where our offices can open safely, they will remain open; otherwise our employees are able to work efficiently from home. The well-being of our employees, their families, our external partners and visitors is our upmost priority and we are closely following Government guidance in all our locations to ensure all health and safety guidance are met.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other legally protected factor. We value the unique talents of all our people, who come from diverse backgrounds with different personal experiences and points of view and we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect.
This job description is only describing the main activities within a certain role and is not exhaustive. It does not prevent to add more tasks, projects.