We are looking for
An entrepreneurial and highly motivated Data Intern. We work for all the major (and minor) players in the Dutch financial industry on strategy and transformation projects. That is why we should stay on top of the market trends and developments that impact the performance of the finance and risk management function. As an Intern, you will be involved in a variety of internal activities with a main focus on providing insights into domain-specific topics by conducting research.
Your knowledge, interest, and research skills in finance, risk and data domains and your entrepreneurial mindset will be an important asset. You will be able to suggest specific topics based on your own preference, however your research should align with our focus: financial services, CFO domain and/or CRO domain.
To give a better idea of what relevant research topics can entail, we provide some examples:
- The benefits and effectiveness of BCBS239 in banking
The risk data quality and aggregation are essential for reliable risk governance. The financial crisis of 2008 has shown the lack of effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting leading to additional measures of Bank of International Settlements being implemented with one of them being BCBS239. This legislation implements the principles for banking institutions that help to solve the previously mentioned issues. However, in 2018, five years after the publication of the standards the European Central Bank conducted a review on the implementation status of BCBS239 and found it to be not satisfactory. This leads to following questions: why banking institutions are not incentivized to adopt them? Do banks that implement these standards reap some benefits that others do not?
- The impact of GDPR on the speed and reliability of finance reports and risk models.
GDPR is one of the most recent legal frameworks that provides guidelines for the usage and collection of personal information. This regulation has an impact on every industry that uses personal data – banking sector included. While banks are allowed to use customer’s personal data for specific purposes, given their consent, it does impact the use and flexibility for e.g., finance reporting and risk models, where factors like income, place of residence and age are some examples of data which can very much facilitate the ease of reporting and modeling. GDPR very much restricts such data usage which in turn affects the methodology of risk modelling.
How will we support you
We will accommodate you with our expertise as well as our network. We provide you the opportunity to present the outcome of your study to our clients i.e., during one of our Round Table events. While research will be a considerable part of your day, you will also participate in other internal activities and thus gain a feeling of what it is like to work as a starting consultant. You can expect to participate in discussions about ongoing projects, help to fulfil internal and project-related tasks and gain practical knowledge about consultancy through our company’s trainings. Our versatile environment will give you a head start in gaining experience and keeping the job interesting.
Are you ready to join us
- Are you entrepreneurial and ready to make your mark on Mount?
- Do you have the confidence and energy to challenge our clients and yourself?
- Did you finish or are graduating soon from a relevant study, e.g., BSc or MSc in Finance, Economics, Information Management, Strategic Management or equivalent?
- Are you able to express yourself fluently in English and do you have a basic understanding of Dutch language?
Then we are off to a good start!
We will offer you
First and foremost, a people centric organization. Our attention to you and the quality of our work is our prime directive.
We will offer you:
- Standard monthly internship allowance of € 500;
- A supervisor to coach and guide you through your responsibilities;
- Network in the consulting and within financial services industry;
- Potential fast track to being hired as a consultant given satisfactory results through the internship;
- Full experience of the life of a consultant, on and off the job;
- Flexibility to occasionally work from home.
Mount Consulting, a business consulting firm, providing strategic Finance, Risk, Data Management and Architecture advisory services. We are a young and dynamic company with the ambition to grow to a sizable market leader in a short period. That’s why we are looking for talented and ambitious colleagues.
What sets us apart
Mount Consulting is primarily an entrepreneurial firm that is not focused on hierarchical structure and conventional standards. We provide an alternative to the common idea of consultancy, by providing an environment where you can be a part of the important discussions and express your mind freely from day one. The absence of a hierarchical structure provides the space for seniors and juniors to work together, leading to a steep learning curve with plenty of support on your way to becoming the next generation of management consultants in the financial industry.
We provide services based on the following values:
- Focus: we only work in the CFO and CRO domains and we focus on strategy, transformations, governance, and architecture.
- Experience: we know the financial services industry. Our work is based on detailed knowledge of the ecosystems which our clients have.
- Client intimacy: we know and value our clients. We propose the right resources to get the best results.
If this vacancy got you interested, come and show us what you are made of.
To apply, please submit your CV and a short message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any question, you can send a message to email@example.com to ask for more information.