If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us as:
Data Scientist Supply Chain
At Amgen Breda medicines are labelled, assembled, stored and eventually shipped to various countries worldwide. Every day more than 1000 people with 38 different nationalities are working on supply chain processes, manufacturing, marketing and sales of our medicines and clinical research into new medicines.
What you will do
Join a new team within our Supply Chain hub and become a technology partner, working closely with local and international cross-functional teams and third parties, to identify new improvement opportunities and innovations. In this role you will be a key contributor of the Data, Analytics and Insights team. You will promote digital literacy across departments via project targets and will be the expert on data collection, cleaning, processing and visualization. We are looking for engaged people who will help build the understanding and systems needed to improve decision making. This is an opportunity to join this team and work on high impact projects!
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will furthermore:
- Apply analytical skills to integrate trends, data, and information into plans, results, and improvement recommendations to optimally meet evolving project needs.
- Contribute to the development of new tools/reports/systems and processes for opportunities, data-driven decision making, and visualization to support new business and growth.
- Collaborate and steer data projects and serve as first point of contact.
- Support on business cases to identify requirements for digital solutions.
- Define and (co)create automated interactive dashboards and tools that turn data into business insights.
- Document data relations, data flows and business logics behind the supply chain digitalization projects.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The data analytics professional we seek is an innovator with these qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or Data Science.
- Experience in a data science, data analyst, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable role. Including Python and/or R and/or SQL knowledge.
- Tableau and/or Smartsheet development/visualization experience including designing and developing reports and dashboards.
- Familiarity with ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in time-sensitive environments, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being. Therefore, Amgen is recognized as World’s Best Workplace 2021 ©.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization.
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act.
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising competitive salary, bonus structure, fixed 13th month, holiday allowance and a collective health insurance.
- Focus on vitality with an on-site gym, vitality program and a restaurant with healthy food.
- Flexible work arrangement with days in the office and days from home.