About the role:
The Account Management internship is a comprehensive program in Gartner’s Mid-Size Enterprise (MSE) Sales channel. Interns will work alongside a team of full-time Sales associates, who focus on the retention and growth of existing clients, as well as forging relationships and closing deals with prospective clients.
Gartner Sales operates on a virtual-first model, meaning you can work from home but must be located within a commutable distance to your assigned office (Amsterdam or Egham, on a Tier 4 visa).
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 10-week internship running from Monday 12th June 2023 to Friday 18th August 2023. You must be available to work the full 10 weeks from the location on your contract.
What you will do:
- Spend time in a hands-on training environment learning how to execute on the top priorities of Gartner’s sales organization
- Work with a Gartner sales team and their clients/prospects to understand best practices for engagement, retention and growth
- Hone your skills by participating in sales and retention activities alongside your aligned sales team
- Gain real-time sales experience through shadowing sales associates and practicing different components of Gartner’s sales process
What you will need:
- Fluency in Dutch as well as English
- Enrollment in a Bachelors or Masters program with expected graduation date in 2024 (any discipline welcome, but we see particular success from Business and/or Management backgrounds)
- Excellent communication skill-set to deliver high impact presentations to top executives
- Proven demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen
- Competitive nature. You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
- Leadership or work experience to supplement a strong academic background
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we’re proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we’re recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We’ve been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com.